Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ponderfications?

Ponderfications? What kind of word is that? Do you like it? I hope you do. I made it up. This blog will be devoted to my ponderings and pontifications. Often, my ponderings lead to pontifications.

I am, as you shall discover, very opinionated. I suppose that is why I never made it as a politician. I have no difficulty in expressing my opinion. Sometimes those expressions are not popular. So what. I am not in a popularity contest. Now, that does not mean I do not appreciate contrary opinions. It does not mean I cannot or will not change my mind. I think it is better, though, to be of the wrong opinion than to be wishy-washy.

How one expresses one's opinions is often more important than the opinion itself. It is easy to run rough-shod over the feeling's of others. Truth hurts. Sometimes the hurt is unnecessary and the delivery counter-productive.

I hope my rantings in this blog, when they do not garner your approval, may at least be polite and courteous, coated with honey, and solicitous of your good grace.

No comments: